Position: Digital Engagement Manager
Vote Solar is a non-profit organization with the mission of making solar more accessible and affordable across the United States. Our high-impact team is in search of a Digital Engagement Manager to help us reach, cultivate and engage more people in clean energy policy advocacy at this critical time.
The Digital Engagement Manager will report to the Director of External Relations as part of the Communication team, working in close collaboration with the Development and Campaign teams. The Digital Engagement Manager will be responsible for implementing and improving Vote Solar’s digital communications programs to help us achieve our online fundraising goals and expand and diversify our grassroots advocacy capacity.
Areas of Responsibility:
● Work with the development team to manage and implement an online fundraising strategy, which includes: donor database management and segmentation, online donor recruitment, cultivation and retention, growing a monthly donor program, regular targeted stewardship communications and an end of year giving drive.
● Work with the campaign team to develop and implement email, social media and grassroots engagement strategies and integrate them with offline advocacy opportunities to advance our policy advocacy goals.
● Create visually compelling digital content through excellent writing, photo selection and brand implementation, with a specific focus on audience engagement. Continually assess, improve and share learning from message testing and other data-driven tests to improve both online and offline communications efficacy.
● Plan and run experiments to test new mobile tools and other innovative channels for engaging new target constituencies.
● Assist with graphic design for offline engagement as capacity allows.
● Comply with restricted funding requirements of Vote Solar’s c3 and c4 affiliates.
● Meet performance metrics associated with total reach, conversion rates, donor retention and donations received.
● Provide best in class customer service for those responding to outreach with questions, account updates or comments.
The Successful Candidate Must Have:
● Three to five years of digital organizing or fundraising experience or a demonstrated track record that matches this experience.
● Experience developing and executing a multi-channel digital communications plan, ideally for advocacy purposes.
● Appreciation for data insights and systems-based donor management.
● Excellent time management skills with the ability to plan, organize and prioritize workload and handle several tasks simultaneously.
● Ability to learn and communicate about complex energy policy.
● Ability to manage work effectively across multiple teams in multiple locations.
Bonus Points for:
● Passion for building strong new capacity at a growing organization.
● Track record of success with online fundraising programs or other non-profit development experience.
● Ability to translate complex content into creative and compelling people-centric content that makes it impossible to resist clicking through.
● Experience with graphic design for both online and offline content or video production.
● Familiarity with the rules and restrictions associated with working for 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 charitable organizations.
Vote Solar’s organizational culture values humor, kindness and respect in interpersonal relationships, working hard and effectively, and a passion for winning.
This position will be based at an existing Vote Solar office, with a preference for Oakland, California. Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits: Vote Solar provides fulltime staff with a competitive package, including paid vacation and sick time, health care and a retirement savings plan. Vote Solar is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to expand the diversity of its staff. Start date: ASAP.
Please send letter of interest, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Digital Engagement Manager.”
Vote Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We strongly encourage leaders of color, women and those who identify as LGBTQ to apply
Sunfolding is recruiting for the following positions:
To apply: Please click here to view all job descriptions and to apply or reach out to Kristen Frick at email@example.com
Sunfolding is passionate about creating real and lasting change in the energy landscape by rethinking solar technology. Our solar tracker is in scale deployment and we are looking for engaged, passionate new team members. Our team pulls from a established solar industry veterans combined with innovative designers with a history of building products with big impact.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent medical, vision, and dental coverage, 401K, and an opportunity to make a lasting impact on a world class team.
Position: Distributed Energy Policy Advocate/Staff Attorney
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
If you are passionate about accelerating the transition to a clean energy economy, come work with an innovative, nimble, and technically grounded organization to advocate for local energy solutions. The Clean Coalition combines policy design and advocacy with practical program and project development expertise to identify and overcome key barriers to local renewable energy.
The Clean Coalition is looking for a full-time Distributed Energy Policy Advocate/Staff Attorney to assist or lead policy initiatives to shape policy in forums such as the California Public Utilities Commission, the California Independent System Operator, or public utility commissions and system operators nationwide. The Distributed Energy Policy Advocate/Staff Attorney will:
● Research, draft, edit, and file comments, testimony, motions, and other documents with public utilities commissions and other decision makers, with supervision.
● Develop policy proposals to expand the use of local renewable energy and other distributed energy resources (DER), as well as advance grid modernization efforts.
● Draft white papers and develop presentations to move thought leaders and decision makers to address key needs.
● Actively participate in workshops, hearings, and renewable energy policy events to move opinion leaders and decision makers to implement the changes needed to unleash renewable energy.
● A Distributed Energy Policy Advocate/Staff Attorney with more expertise will have leadership responsibilities for the execution of strategy for campaigns, initiatives, and proceedings, while a more junior Distributed Energy Policy Advocate/Staff Attorney will work at the direction of senior staff.
We anticipate hiring at least one Distributed Energy Policy Advocate/Staff Attorney with two years’ relevant experience or more to work with our policy team. Less experienced professionals may also fit the role with an exceptional energy and academic background.
Much of the work can be done from a home office, but there will be regular in-person work sessions, meetings, and events throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Please send a cover letter, resume, law or graduate school transcript, list of references, and short writing sample (under 10 pages) to Doug Karpa, Policy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should read “Distributed Energy Policy Advocate/Staff Attorney” and include your name.
About the Clean Coalition
The Clean Coalition is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to accelerate the transition to renewable energy and a modern grid through technical, policy, and project development expertise. We drive policy innovation to remove barriers to procurement and interconnection of DER — such as local renewables, energy storage, and demand response. We work to design and implement market mechanisms that realize the full potential of DER and to remove policy barriers that prevent the deployment of local renewables. Our policy work is grounded in our real-world experience collaborating with utilities, municipalities, project developers, and policymakers to stage projects that prove the technical and financial viability of local renewables and other DER. We leverage this experience in numerous proceedings before state and federal agencies throughout the United States.
Position: Senior Product Analyst
Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Sunrun is the leading residential solar company in the US and continues to expand into new markets, grow our customer footprint and introduce new products. Sunrun’s product and pricing team is looking for a versatile and ambitious business athlete to help drive our product and pricing strategies, and particularly the interaction with utility rate structures. By partnering with our policy, sales, markets, and finance teams, you will have the resources to help the US reach the “tipping point” for solar.
To apply: Please click here to view all job descriptions and to apply.
Position: Senior Analyst, Community Solar M&A
Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Description: NRG is leading a customer-driven change in the U.S. energy industry by delivering cleaner and smarter energy choices, while building on the strength of the nation’s largest and most diverse competitive power portfolio. As publicly announced here, NRG is in the process of selling its Renewables division, among other entities, to Global Infrastructure Partners (“GIP”), a leading independent infrastructure investor based in the United States. As a key part of NRG’s Renewables division, its Community Solar business will be moving over to GIP as part of that sale.
NRG’s Renewables division is the market leader in the rapidly growing U.S. community solar market, matching our leading capabilities in engineering, construction, financing, and operation of centralized renewable generation assets with our strengths in marketing retail energy products. As a key member of a team of investment professionals tasked with investing significant equity in community solar projects, the Senior Analyst, Community Solar M&A will have responsibility for sourcing, evaluating, structuring and managing the diligence and closing of project and portfolio acquisitions, development joint ventures and other project partnering opportunities in the U.S. community solar market.
To apply: Please click here to view all job descriptions and to apply.
Position: Direct Mail Project Coordinator
Location: Atlanta, GA
Description: We are looking for a rockstar Direct Mail Project Manager with 2 - 5 years experience in a similar role to join our growing team. We are looking for a bright, energetic and tenacious person with a “can-do” attitude and strong work ethic.
To apply: please click here to view all job descriptions and to apply.
About Snowball Print Marketing Inc.
Snowball Print Marketing, founded in February 2018 is a women-owned print marketing service provider.
We conceptualize, responsibly source, and execute innovative, direct mail campaigns through a green supply chain that includes diverse and minority owned suppliers with minimum impact to the planet.
Plus we are committed to donating 3% of our profits to support non-profit organizations that focus on women-empowerment, forest conservation, and renewable energy.
Position: Program Manager, North Bay Community Resilience Initiative
Location: Northern San Francisco Bay Area
The Clean Coalition seeks a full-time Program Manager based in the northern San Francisco Bay Area to advance the Clean Coalition’s North Bay Community Resilience Initiative and to support other programs.Such a role requires an engineering background as well as project scoping, development, and management experience. Experience with distributed energy resources (DER) and microgrids will be helpful to applicant’s success in this role. Also, strong collaboration skills including relationship building, networking, facilitating meetings, and strategy development will be required for success.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and a brief piece of original technical writing to email@example.com. The subject of the email should read “Program Manager, NBCRI” — in this email, please indicate how you became aware of this opportunity.
Full Job Description: Click here
About the Clean Coalition
The Clean Coalition is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to accelerate the transition to renewable energy and a modern grid through technical, policy, and project development expertise. The Clean Coalition drives policy and program innovation to remove barriers to procurement and interconnection of DER— such as local renewables, energy storage, demand response, electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and advanced inverters — and works to establish market mechanisms that realize the full potential of integrating these solutions. The Clean Coalition collaborates with utilities, other load-serving entities, municipalities, and county governments to create near-term deployment opportunities that prove the technical viability and economic benefits of clean local energy.
Position: Communications and Marketing Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA
The Communications and Marketing Manager’s Role:
As the Communications and Marketing Manager, your main focus will be to substantially increase the number of users/donors on our crowdfunding platform. You will refine and implement RE-volv’s overall communications and marketing strategy. The Communications and Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing an effective digital marketing strategy, growing our online community, and increasing participation in our programs. Our key audiences include climate activists, volunteers, nonprofits, partners, and donors. In addition, this role will include promoting crowdfunding campaigns and being a coach/point person for the Solar Ambassadors and Champions during their crowdfunding campaigns.
This is a full time position in our San Francisco office in the Financial District. This is a high impact position, requiring creativity, independence, collaboration and initiative. Compensation includes an annual salary commensurate with experience, benefits and generous paid time off. RE-volv allows flexible work hours and is committed to supporting a good work-life balance. Position starts as soon as possible.
●Develop and implement RE-volv’s overall communications and marketing strategy
● Drive traffic to RE-volv website through SEO, Google Adwords, Social Media, and other advertising and marketing techniques
●Track website activity and communications metrics using Google Analytics, social media analytics, and Key Performance Indicators
● Manage Public Relations, maintain relationships with journalists and pitch stories
●Manage RE-volv’s email list in Salesforce and MailChimp and communicate regularly with constituents
● Maintain and update RE-volv web content, including blog
● Train and support volunteers in their marketing and communications efforts for solar crowdfunding campaigns
● Plan and execute promotional and educational events
● Represent RE-volv by speaking and tabling at events
● Be a collaborative member of a small team working to achieve RE-volv’s mission
Skills and Qualifications
● 5-7 years of experience in digital marketing and communications preferably in solar, tech, and/or crowdfunding
● Proficiency with Salesforce
● Proficiency with MailChimp
● Public Relations including writing press releases and pitching journalists
● Managing SEO, Google Adwords, and Social Media
● Measuring and testing conversions through analytics
● Excellent writing skills
● Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop
● A keen eye for design and the ability to maintain consistency across marketing collateral
● Comfortable presenting to large and small audiences
● Knowledge of solar energy, climate change, and environmental movement
● Ability to self-manage deadlines and tasks
● Passion for renewable energy, mitigating climate change, and building an equitable and sustainable society
To apply: Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter detailing relevant experience, salary requirements, and interest in the position via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Communications and Marketing Manager Application” in the subject line.
Click here for more information
RE-volv is a lean nonprofit social enterprise focused on fighting climate change by accelerating the adoption of clean energy. RE-volv empowers people and communities through renewable energy. Through RE-volv's crowdfunding platform, individuals can donate to a revolving fund that finances solar projects for nonprofit organizations around the United States.
Position: Energy Efficiency Senior Project Manager
Description: A senior project manager (Public Utilities Regulatory Analyst V) on the California Public Utilities Commission Residential Energy Efficiency and Low Income Programs team posted on July 17. Final Filing Date: 7/31/2018
Location: The position is posted for all three CPUC office locations: SF, Sacramento, and LA.
To apply: Interested applicants will need to take the exam for Public Utilities Regulatory Analyst V so they are eligible to apply, and apply for the job.
Link for exam is here: https://www.jobs.ca.gov/JOBSGEN/7PB16.PDF
The full list of job classification types for which exam period is open right now and links to take these exams is located here:
Position: Interior West Manager (Arizona + New Mexico focus)
Description: We are in search of a top-notch candidate to work with Vote Solar’s Interior West Director to design, campaign for, and implement key policies for making solar more affordable and accessible in the Interior West. The position will initially focus on Arizona and New Mexico, but may also include work in Colorado and Nevada.
To apply: for full job description, view the attachment below. Please send letter of interest, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com with the subject “Interior West Manager.”
About Vote Solar:
Vote Solar is a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing solar energy into the mainstream. Our headquarters are in Oakland, CA, and we have offices in Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Washington, D.C and Utah.