Position: Communications and Marketing Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA
The Communications and Marketing Manager’s Role:
As the Communications and Marketing Manager, your main focus will be to substantially increase the number of users/donors on our crowdfunding platform. You will refine and implement RE-volv’s overall communications and marketing strategy. The Communications and Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing an effective digital marketing strategy, growing our online community, and increasing participation in our programs. Our key audiences include climate activists, volunteers, nonprofits, partners, and donors. In addition, this role will include promoting crowdfunding campaigns and being a coach/point person for the Solar Ambassadors and Champions during their crowdfunding campaigns.
This is a full time position in our San Francisco office in the Financial District. This is a high impact position, requiring creativity, independence, collaboration and initiative. Compensation includes an annual salary commensurate with experience, benefits and generous paid time off. RE-volv allows flexible work hours and is committed to supporting a good work-life balance. Position starts as soon as possible.
●Develop and implement RE-volv’s overall communications and marketing strategy
● Drive traffic to RE-volv website through SEO, Google Adwords, Social Media, and other advertising and marketing techniques
●Track website activity and communications metrics using Google Analytics, social media analytics, and Key Performance Indicators
● Manage Public Relations, maintain relationships with journalists and pitch stories
●Manage RE-volv’s email list in Salesforce and MailChimp and communicate regularly with constituents
● Maintain and update RE-volv web content, including blog
● Train and support volunteers in their marketing and communications efforts for solar crowdfunding campaigns
● Plan and execute promotional and educational events
● Represent RE-volv by speaking and tabling at events
● Be a collaborative member of a small team working to achieve RE-volv’s mission
Skills and Qualifications
● 5-7 years of experience in digital marketing and communications preferably in solar, tech, and/or crowdfunding
● Proficiency with Salesforce
● Proficiency with MailChimp
● Public Relations including writing press releases and pitching journalists
● Managing SEO, Google Adwords, and Social Media
● Measuring and testing conversions through analytics
● Excellent writing skills
● Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop
● A keen eye for design and the ability to maintain consistency across marketing collateral
● Comfortable presenting to large and small audiences
● Knowledge of solar energy, climate change, and environmental movement
● Ability to self-manage deadlines and tasks
● Passion for renewable energy, mitigating climate change, and building an equitable and sustainable society
To apply: Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter detailing relevant experience, salary requirements, and interest in the position via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Communications and Marketing Manager Application” in the subject line.
Click here for more information
RE-volv is a lean nonprofit social enterprise focused on fighting climate change by accelerating the adoption of clean energy. RE-volv empowers people and communities through renewable energy. Through RE-volv's crowdfunding platform, individuals can donate to a revolving fund that finances solar projects for nonprofit organizations around the United States.
Position: Energy Efficiency Senior Project Manager
Description: A senior project manager (Public Utilities Regulatory Analyst V) on the California Public Utilities Commission Residential Energy Efficiency and Low Income Programs team posted on July 17. Final Filing Date: 7/31/2018
Location: The position is posted for all three CPUC office locations: SF, Sacramento, and LA.
To apply: Interested applicants will need to take the exam for Public Utilities Regulatory Analyst V so they are eligible to apply, and apply for the job.
Link for exam is here: https://www.jobs.ca.gov/JOBSGEN/7PB16.PDF
The full list of job classification types for which exam period is open right now and links to take these exams is located here: