Position: Digital Engagement Manager
Vote Solar is a non-profit organization with the mission of making solar more accessible and affordable across the United States. Our high-impact team is in search of a Digital Engagement Manager to help us reach, cultivate and engage more people in clean energy policy advocacy at this critical time.
The Digital Engagement Manager will report to the Director of External Relations as part of the Communication team, working in close collaboration with the Development and Campaign teams. The Digital Engagement Manager will be responsible for implementing and improving Vote Solar’s digital communications programs to help us achieve our online fundraising goals and expand and diversify our grassroots advocacy capacity.
Areas of Responsibility:
● Work with the development team to manage and implement an online fundraising strategy, which includes: donor database management and segmentation, online donor recruitment, cultivation and retention, growing a monthly donor program, regular targeted stewardship communications and an end of year giving drive.
● Work with the campaign team to develop and implement email, social media and grassroots engagement strategies and integrate them with offline advocacy opportunities to advance our policy advocacy goals.
● Create visually compelling digital content through excellent writing, photo selection and brand implementation, with a specific focus on audience engagement. Continually assess, improve and share learning from message testing and other data-driven tests to improve both online and offline communications efficacy.
● Plan and run experiments to test new mobile tools and other innovative channels for engaging new target constituencies.
● Assist with graphic design for offline engagement as capacity allows.
● Comply with restricted funding requirements of Vote Solar’s c3 and c4 affiliates.
● Meet performance metrics associated with total reach, conversion rates, donor retention and donations received.
● Provide best in class customer service for those responding to outreach with questions, account updates or comments.
The Successful Candidate Must Have:
● Three to five years of digital organizing or fundraising experience or a demonstrated track record that matches this experience.
● Experience developing and executing a multi-channel digital communications plan, ideally for advocacy purposes.
● Appreciation for data insights and systems-based donor management.
● Excellent time management skills with the ability to plan, organize and prioritize workload and handle several tasks simultaneously.
● Ability to learn and communicate about complex energy policy.
● Ability to manage work effectively across multiple teams in multiple locations.
Bonus Points for:
● Passion for building strong new capacity at a growing organization.
● Track record of success with online fundraising programs or other non-profit development experience.
● Ability to translate complex content into creative and compelling people-centric content that makes it impossible to resist clicking through.
● Experience with graphic design for both online and offline content or video production.
● Familiarity with the rules and restrictions associated with working for 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 charitable organizations.
Vote Solar’s organizational culture values humor, kindness and respect in interpersonal relationships, working hard and effectively, and a passion for winning.
This position will be based at an existing Vote Solar office, with a preference for Oakland, California. Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits: Vote Solar provides fulltime staff with a competitive package, including paid vacation and sick time, health care and a retirement savings plan. Vote Solar is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to expand the diversity of its staff. Start date: ASAP.
Please send letter of interest, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com with the subject “Digital Engagement Manager.”
Vote Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We strongly encourage leaders of color, women and those who identify as LGBTQ to apply
Sunfolding is recruiting for the following positions:
To apply: Please click here to view all job descriptions and to apply or reach out to Kristen Frick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunfolding is passionate about creating real and lasting change in the energy landscape by rethinking solar technology. Our solar tracker is in scale deployment and we are looking for engaged, passionate new team members. Our team pulls from a established solar industry veterans combined with innovative designers with a history of building products with big impact.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent medical, vision, and dental coverage, 401K, and an opportunity to make a lasting impact on a world class team.